Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Merch by Amazon is a rapidly expanding Amazon business that provides a make-on-demand service for creating, publishing, promoting, and selling graphic merchandise such as t-shirts, hoodies, PopSockets, and more. Content creators upload designs and we list, sell, print, and ship these items to Amazon customers. Our customers get great graphic products, content creators get a generous royalty.
Our customer experience technology team is looking for a talented, creative and passionate Software Development Engineer to help us build software that reinvents the Merch shopping experience. Our projects involve involve full-stack development - web UI, web services and data systems that operate at massive scale and high reliability. You will get to have a direct impact on how customers search, browse, discover, and order Merch products across Amazon sites.
Merch by Amazon - it's not just a job, it's a wardrobe. If you're looking for a chance to build software with a team of top-notch developers, if you're an expert software practitioner, with a gritty, start-up mentality, and want to build quick, release, learn from data, and then build some more, if you want to learn and improve the core Amazon shopping systems for graphic merchandise (search, product detail page, cart, checkout, etc) then this is the team for you. Come work with our great team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
• 3+ years' experience building and operating high-quality, low-latency web-based applications with large-scale data storage, on AWS or equivalent infrastructure, in a collaborative environment
• Excellent design and coding skills
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience with various DB technologies - both relational and no-sql
• Working knowledge of front end technology
• Experience with Git or similar source control system(s)
• Experience with an Agile software development methodology
• Expertise in Java, DB concepts and handling large scale distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top