Prime Video is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. Prime Video delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We're building the future of TVyes, it's challenging, but it's also a lot of fun.
The Alchemist team is part of the Swift Experience Services (SES) team. SES' mission is to ensure Prime Video is the first choice for anyone to find, discover, and engage with any Movie, TV Show, or other published content on Prime Video. Within this space, the Alchemist team delivers the data to power customer experiences. Our systems are used by a variety of devices with different capabilitiesfrom 2010 smart TVs to the latest Fire TV. Our design must support a lot of flexibility across clients while still standardizing common functionality. The central nature of this team means high visibility, and plenty of opportunities to grow and learn. As a member of the Alchemist team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with senior engineers from client and services teams, understanding and anticipating their needs from our platforms, and influencing complex, multifaceted, cross-system designs.
The team is seeking a talented and passionate Software Development Engineer to join our team. A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and movies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Experience in development on cloud based infrastructure
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
• Enjoys API Design and Scaling
• Enjoys TV and Movies
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .