Software Development Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Are you looking for a new opportunity that is customer facing and can impact and lead the industry in modern cloud architectures, design and modern development practices?
The AWS Professional Services Customer Engineering (CE) team accelerates the cloud journey for our largest enterprise customers by developing and delivering production-ready custom software and infrastructure.
We are looking for customer obsessed Software Development Engineers to join us to develop new, challenging cloud-native software and infrastructure and realize the business outcomes that can be enabled with AWS. Customer engineering teams will demonstrate modern software engineering and help accelerate the change and transformation that our customers are after.
As an ideal candidate you love to learn and invent. As members of AWS Professional Services our team is a steward of the entire AWS platform and as a team member you have the opportunity to keep abreast of the ever-widening stream of platform improvements and new services. You have a solid understanding of OO software design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, are comfortable in multiple development platforms and languages and adept at learning new technologies. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale and in a DevOps environment, are very applicable and helpful.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are committed to supporting new team members in learning, growing and delivering their best, with help and support from tenured Amazonians with broad mix of skills and experiences.
We are fortunate to have opportunities to work with wide variety of AWS' customers spanning across industries and domains, understanding their business needs and how to solve them with software engineering, experimenting quickly and launch to production using Amazon's best practices and native AWS software development.
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed. We understand importance of work-life harmony and offer flexibility in how you structure your work to suit your life commitments while adhering to core office hours
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python or Node including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures that will operate at potentially global scale.
• Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment
• Proficiency in developing software in a cloud-native environment
• Knowledge of Application Security principles and how they impact development and deployment of applications.
• Experience handing off and supporting maintainable code artifacts
• Experience in an agile development environment
• Experience with Cloud Operational Excellence practices
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, the pay for this position starts at $122,200 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top