The Kindle Reader team is looking for an inventive and technically skilled Software Development Engineer to join our diverse team at the forefront of delighting millions of readers around the world. We build the next generation reading experience for Kindle customers. Our teams work backwards from customers by understanding their needs to design and implement solutions that deliver an immersive reading experience across a wide variety of devices, genres, and formats.
We are looking for full-stack Software Development Engineers who enjoy collaborating with diverse teammates and business experts to expand the capabilities of server and client software systems. Those who seek a challenge, are eager to learn, and want to make an impact on global customers should apply.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key feature
• Design scalable software systems that solve key business problems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to manage small and medium-sized technical projects with minimal supervision
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience with full stack development in at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python, etc.)
• Proven ability to learn new languages and technologies
• Comfortable with written and/or verbal communication
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building production software systems
• Design/development skills and experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
• Experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools