Software Development Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Are you passionate about building a large-scale, distributed, low-latency, highly available and reliable in-memory database? We are aspiring to deliver a state of the art in-memory database, open-source compatible, and optimized for sub millisecond latency at scale. Come and join us to define the future of ElastiCache and in-memory databases at AWS
As a Software Engineer in our in-memory databases team, you will develop large-scale, distributed, highly available in-memory sub-millisecond latency platform. You will leverage open source technologies such as Redis, Memcached, and Amazon proprietary technologies. This includes data plane extremely fast and high throughput development, low level optimizations, asynchronous messaging, event-based technologies, real-time failure detection system, horizontal and vertical scaling, auto-remediation, high availability, fault tolerance, storage technologies, snapshoting, and disaster recovery.
As the key member of the engineering team, you will have an influence on our overall strategy by helping define the product features and system architecture. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requires strong technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be someone who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• A degree in Computer Science related field ( 3+ years of industry experience)
• Strong background in computer science basics (data structures, algorithms, etc).
• Experience leveraging object oriented practices in , and .Net.
• Native development using C in high throughput low latency systems.
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience working with in- and technologies, including Memcached and Redis
• Master's degree in Computer Science equivalent
Back to top