The Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) team is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to help drive the development experience of building on ECS. The ECS team is building a core set of services that allow our customers to run, manage, and deploy containers with easy and intuitive experiences. Our goal is to make it easy for developers to use cross service integrations, code packages and other tooling to get from application logic to operational service with minimal effort.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing and other AWS services. You'll be surrounded by people who are both smart and passionate about cloud computing.
To learn more about Amazon Elastic Container Service:
Inclusive Team Culture: Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance: Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or IT related technical discipline OR in place of 4 years of relevant industry software engineering experience.
• Experience using Docker for packaging and deployment of applications
• Understanding of Containerization Technologies
• Experience with design/architecting large-scale distributed systems
• Excellent customer focus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
• Able to work in a diverse team