Software Development Engineer, EC2 Recovery Systems - AWS
Passionate about the cloud? Interested in expanding on one of the strongest operating platforms in history? Amazon EC2 Recovery Systems in Seattle is looking for an engaged and experienced software developer to join us as we invest and expand in support of our exciting growth.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the centerpiece of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) family of cloud infrastructure services. As part of continuing to build the team supporting this key service, we are expanding our EC2 Recovery Systems team in Seattle.
EC2 Recovery Systems seeks an experienced, hands on engineer with a passion for designing and developing highly scalable, distributed software. Our systems monitor the EC2 fleet and automatically take actions that directly improve customer experience by maximizing the availability and reliability of compute resources.
The team's problem space is diverse and interesting and you will have ample opportunity to work with a variety of exciting technologies in support of maximizing the health of all compute workloads across all our infrastructure.
- Design, implement and deploy mission-critical systems that work at the scale of EC2's diverse and ever-expanding infrastructure
- · Develop software algorithms and workflows that act automatically to remediate customer impacting failures
- · Deliver systems that both systematically measure and improve the customer experience across multiple dimensions (availability, reliability, latency, throughput)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top