Are you passionate about technology and want to develop your skills?
Do you like to create solutions to handle scalability and high-availability challenges?
Do you want to work in a global service that is spread across many data center in multiple countries?
Do you want to make history while having fun?
If you answered yes, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is looking for a talented professional like you.
EC2 is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers. It is the core of many AWS services and it is growing fast to meet the increased customer demand across many countries.
Join an innovative and high performing team to develop and maintain the systems that safely deploy all enhancements to the EC2 world wide product. As part of the EC2 Deployment Services team, you will have direct impact on helping customers introduce product enhancements, respond to defects, and extend the high-available services on top of EC2. We support the deployment to millions of hosts, and directly enable tens of millions of EC2 customers.
Amazon is an exciting work culture that rewards high performance. You'll experience opportunities to work with the world's best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems. We have multiple positions available.
• Design, implement and deploy mission-critical systems that work at the scale of the EC2 fleet
• Develop algorithms that evaluate fleet conditions and deployment health across different dimensions in EC2
• Develop systems that improve the customer experience on EC2
• Ensure the smooth and stable operation of the team's new and existent services
• Exercise your judgment to recommend the best features, designs, and support models based on customer needs
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures
• Knowledge of, at least, one programming language such as Java, Python, Golang, C, C++ or C#
• Passion for building and operating high-scale and high-available systems.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Expertise taking a leading role in building complex, distributed and enterprise scale software
• Knowledge of agile software development and iterative and incremental software delivery.
• Deep understanding of software engineering best practices for all development life cycle phases
• Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams to understand software features
• Excellent time management and follow-through, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Experience coaching junior software engineers
• Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy start-up like environment
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from UI through to back-end systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us