Software Development Engineer, EC2 Instance Quality - AWS
- Seattle, WA
Passionate about the cloud? Interested in expanding on one of the strongest operating platforms in history? Amazon EC2 in Seattle is looking for engaged and experienced software developers to join us as we invest and expand in support of our exciting growth.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the centerpiece the Amazon Web Services (AWS) family of cloud infrastructure services. As part of continuing to build the team supporting this key service, we are expanding our team in Seattle.
EC2 Instance Quality seeks an experienced, hands-on engineer with a passion for designing and developing highly scalable, distributed software. The team's problem space is diverse and interesting and you will have ample opportunity to work with a variety of exciting technologies in support of maximizing the health of all compute workloads across all our infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will enthusiastically mentor the team's engineers and provide technical leadership.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C# or Go
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Back to top