Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 Core Platform is looking for experienced engineers to join our development team in Northern Virginia!
We build software core to the EC2 network virtualization systems supporting the massive AWS cloud. Our area of influence continues to grow as our engineers grow. Currently, we are tackling new features in the IP Management (how AWS manages its IPv4 and IPv6 space), IP Reputation, and AWS Service Prefix Lists (lists of prefixes that EC2 customers can reference by name). We pride ourselves on challenging each other to deliver highly respected experience and grow and improve our skills to improve the team.
Our main tool chain includes Java (service development), Ruby (infrastructure automation), DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, and a set of internal automation tools. We choose the right tool for the job, so this list often varies slightly as we tackle each customer problem. Engineers are expected to be able to pick these tools up on the job; prior experience in a specific tool is not required.
To learn more about EC2, check us out here: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/ .
Here are some reasons you should come have a chat and learn more:
- Our services are core to all modern Internet businesses.
- We own the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
- Our AWS business is global; customers and technology is distributed world-wide.
- We will learn together; both growing in our technical prowess and business acumen.
- We listen to each other; this is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice and we choose what's best for the customer.
- Our scale creates unique challenges and opportunities ripe for innovation.
- We operate as a start-up with a strong support structure. We ship code every day.
- We offer competitive salary, relocation and benefit packages.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and analysis
- Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python and proficiency with one other programming language
- Networking experience (HTTP, UDP, TCP/IP) and/or virtualization
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirement through actual launch of the project
- Distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience