Passionate about the cloud? Interested in expanding on one of the strongest operating platforms in history? Amazon EC2 DART in Seattle is looking for an engaged and experienced software developer to join us as we invest and expand in support of our exciting growth.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the centerpiece of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) family of cloud infrastructure services. As part of continuing to build the team supporting this key service, we are expanding our EC2 DART team in Seattle.
EC2 DART seeks an experienced, hands on engineer with a passion for designing and developing highly scalable, distributed software. Our systems monitor the EC2 fleet and automatically take actions that directly improve customer experience by maximizing the availability and reliability of compute resources.
The team's problem space is diverse and interesting and you will have ample opportunity to work with a variety of exciting technologies in support of maximizing the health of all compute workloads across all our infrastructure.
• Design, implement and deploy mission-critical systems that work at the scale of EC2's diverse and ever-expanding infrastructure
• Develop software algorithms and workflows that act automatically to remediate customer impacting failures
• Deliver systems that both systematically measure and improve the customer experience across multiple dimensions (availability, reliability, latency, throughput)
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.