Software Development Engineer
Come and join, AWS Organizations! We're a new administrative capability that allows customers to organize and control multiple AWS accounts centrally. With Organizations, customers can hierarchically organize and manage their AWS accounts, and then set controls to meet the budgetary, security, and compliance needs of their business. Check out more information about AWS Organizations here: https://aws.amazon.com/organizations/ .
We're looking for SDEs to work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Joining AWS Organizations gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team building secure, reliable, and scalable features that AWS customers are clamoring for.
You will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, mentor junior level developers, and interview SDE candidates as we grow our team. You will get in on the ground floor of building Organizations software systems that are core to the operation of AWS!
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
- Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
- Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ year relevant experience.
- Shown skill with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming languages.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Strong analytical abilities and design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top