Want to impact both Amazon selling partner and buying customer experience by building services that manage billions of related products in earth's biggest catalog?
Relationships Platform and Services are core to Amazon websites, mobile apps, Alexa, and physical stores serving millions of requests per second at single-digit millisecond latency. We provide authoritative Related product sets to power product discovery and shopping experiences. Our team owns highly available distributed micro-services, Machine-learning and rule-based validation systems, data stores containing billions of records, and systems that make related product sets available across Amazon. Our team is in NYC.
We are looking for Software Developers with at least 3 years of experience in distributed systems to join our team! You will work on building new microservices and expanding our core platform. This is an opportunity to work on high visibility initiatives across Amazon. You will work with several senior and principal engineers regularly. We maintain a high bar for operational and engineering excellence, which helps keep our operational load manageable. Our engineers are customer-focused and detail-oriented. We are a fun-loving team with a collaborative and supportive culture.
The ideal candidate will have distributed systems, high-scale service design and implementation, and agile/continuous delivery experience. You are someone who enjoys owning software services, are customer-centric, and value delivering software with high quality.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Development experience with programming languages such as C, C++, C#, or Java.
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team