Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in using Terabytes of Data and Machine Learning?
At Amazon Advertising, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale computational advertising and machine learning applications using terabytes of data. The Machine Learning and Optimization team develops algorithms and high performance, petabyte-scale distributed systems to optimize ad selection, bidding and campaign performance. Our systems process billions of ad impressions daily from across the internet to power our display advertising algorithms. Our engineers work with machine learning scientists, economists and product managers on high impact initiatives for Amazon's Display Advertising.
As an engineer on the Machine Learning and Optimization team you will design and develop products that are at the heart of advertising - products that determine how billions of impressions are allocated to advertisers and how much advertisers pay for those impressions. You will have responsibility to help define requirements, create software designs, implement code to these specifications, define continuous integration testing and support products while deployed and used by our customers. You will have complete ownership of technology choices, architecture, A/B testing for your features, code deployments into production environment and operations for the products you own. Your team will include machine learning scientists, product managers and other high performing engineers. We're looking for SDEs interested in EMR / Spark, Redshift, ElasticSearch, Sagemaker and other AWS, big-data, and ML technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 5+ years of professional relevant experience in the software development space.
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or a related field
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience in the advertising or search industries
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Agile software development techniques.
Back to top