At the heart of Amazon's e-commerce business is the Item & Offer Platform engineering team. The platform is used by millions of merchants to expose customers to new products or new offerings on existing products. Using massively parallel processing and proprietary techniques, millions of updates to details, prices, inventory levels, and relationships are processed in real time to keep Amazon's catalog fresh. Imagine that on any given day your solutions bring billions of experiences to customers around the globe; that is the reality on the Item & Offer Platform team.
The Item and Offer Platform team is an agile, fast-moving team driving the future of this central piece of Amazon's shopping experience. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to shape that future.
In this role, you will participate in all parts of the software development process, from collaborating with customers on design to executing that design in a scalable and extensible way. You will have the opportunity to solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day.
Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses. You are passionate about taking initiative, delivering extensible, on-time solutions, and being a part of high-performing teams.
Item and Offer Platform is re-architecting, transitioning from a monolithic service to a truly multi-tenant distributed platform. We're innovating on everything for platform technologies like locking and workflows to customer facing features. If you enjoy working with really smart SDEs and Principals, let's talk soon!
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Strong computer science background. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math is required along with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Solid design and coding skills in Java or C++.
- Strong desire to build high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
- Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
- Master's Degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, math, or related field
- Experience taking a lead role building highly available, low latency systems, and operating 24x7 services
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
- Working knowledge of Large Scale Data processing platforms
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of the software engineering craft
- Track record of developing web services or other large-scale distributed systems