Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build data engineering solutions that process billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using Amazon Web Services technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access?
The Amazon Finance Automation Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented, driven software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design, develop, and implement solutions that facilitates global financial transaction data.
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. You can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of software development engineering
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience with AWS is a plus.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.