Do you want to be part of the team building a solution that impacts development experience across Amazon? Are you intrigued by compilers, programming languages and development tools? Are you looking for challenging software problems related to distributed systems with massive scale, high impact and high availability needs?
Slapshot is a high throughput, high efficiency data aggregation platform that supports connectivity to thousands of services across Amazon and enables teams to build their aggregations at an unmatched speed. It's used by more than hundred other teams and powers thousands of features on Amazon retail website, Amazon-Fresh and multiple internal sites, like Customer Service Application (CSC). It has revolutionized the way software is developed at Amazon, enabling developers to rollout new software to production in a matter of minutes. Our team built the platform from ground-up and owns enhancing it to meet ever increasing speed, throughput and efficiency needs. Our vision is to make software development an enjoyable experience by removing language, operating-system and hardware concerns, eliminate boiler-plate and accelerate prototyping and development iterations. All this while being the most efficient data-aggregation platform in the company.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of next version of Slapshot platform, from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Work in a high pace environment where new software is released every week.
• Write high quality distributed system software, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS).
• Influence the shape and direction of the platform.
• Drive operational excellence and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product.
• Work with highly skilled and motivated engineers who, combined, have over 30 years of development experience at Amazon.
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• Get opportunity to own and work on a full stack application that has significant front-end and backend components.
If you are up for the challenge of building something that has real and measurable impact on thousands of fellow developers and passionate about building next generation development platform, join our team today!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with the tools of the trade and open-source technologies (like Linux, Spring, JQuery, etc)
• Experience developing distributed systems and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, implementing and maintaining web service API's
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Passion to deliver high quality software that delight users
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .