Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The eCommerce Storage Technologies (eCST) team provides storage solutions for Amazon's CDO (Consumer, Digital and Others) businesses.
Our team is building a massively scalable, high performance, reliable and cost effective data-centric platform that integrates different storage & caching technologies (tiers) and provides pre-compute, on-demand compute, query and search functionality that is tier-agnostic.
Our mission is to enable our customers to access their mission critical dataset with single digit latency from highly available multi petabytes of key/value datastore. Our service supports 90 mil TPS to serve 1700+ internal customers.
We are currently looking for talented software development engineers to join our eCommerce storage platform's client services team. You are an ideal candidate if you have strong distributed systems knowledge with experience in Java, C++ and any scripting language in a Linux/Unix environment. You should have a sound understanding of Internet protocols (HTTP, DNS, TCP ...) and experience implementing client/server architecture using network interfaces. You truly enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring it meets all operational excellence criteria.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Proficiency in C++ or Java development
• Proficiency in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Designing and building distributed systems
• Experience taking a leading role in maintaining complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with cloud based architecture and resilient architectures
Back to top