Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Global Support and Safety Tools Team (GSS Tools) creates software systems that enable the Global Support and Safety organization to provide world-class technical and operational support to our rapidly growing base of users and robots around the world. We work cross-functionally with internal users, support engineers, data analysts, and other Amazon engineering teams to understand and model complex problems affecting a broad portfolio of robotic systems. We develop mechanisms that automate common support tasks and continuously monitor these systems to diagnose, predict, explain, and resolve issues at Amazon-scale.
As a Software Engineer with Amazon Robotics GSS Tools you will:
• Work with cross-functional teams and end users to understand open-ended, high-impact business problems around the world.
• Utilize real-time and historic data to identify patterns and characterize complex robotics problems.
• Design, implement, and support software platforms that continuously monitor and diagnose faults with robotic systems.
• Create intuitive tools that automate common support tasks and enable robotics users to resolve their own problems.
• Incorporate feedback and learnings to continuously improve support tools and processes.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Experience building applications using AWS services including:
• Simple Storage Service (S3)
• Simple Queue Service (SQS)
• AWS Lambda
Familiar with modern web application frameworks such as:
Familiar with statistics and machine learning concepts such as:
• Outlier detection
• Cluster detection
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us