Amazon's Delivery Experience Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will focus on innovation and experimentation in expanding Amazon's available selection. This is your opportunity to make a big impact on the satisfaction of customers and sellers and the performance of our business, as we expand Amazon beyond what you think you can buy there.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work on highly scalable, highly available web services and systems, this may be the right career move for you.
• Developing and maintain key features of our systems and services, back-end, front-end, and ML;
• Working with team members on design approaches and prototyping new technology;
• Working on product improvements, with focus on customer experience and scalability;
• Dive deep into complex technical problems;
• Raising the bar for operational excellence and development practices;
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience with test driven development
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational database
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design, and problem solving)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.