Software Development Engineer
Have you ever wanted to know how Amazon EC2 works? Would you like to help us build the next-generation of web-scale infrastructure services that will power start-ups and large companies across Silicon Valley and the world?
We're hiring Software Development Engineers for a new team within Amazon EC2. As part of the new team, you will help us architect a set of next-generation services within our core Amazon EC2 product. You will work closely with pre-market Amazon technologies and get deep inside of the internal of Amazon EC2's control plane. The systems you build will push the boundaries for scale, availability, and performance, while maintaining the highest standards for security and operational excellence.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers that thrive in fast-paced environments and are passionate about working with pre-market technologies. Successful candidates will be much more than just developers, they will bring with them deep technical fundamentals, experience with large-scale distributed systems, and a well-rounded software engineering background that spans disciplines.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Java, Ruby, SQL, and No-SQL development experience
- Comfortable in fast-paced, start-up like development environments
- Experience architecting large-scale distributed systems
- Passion for building and operating highly-available services
- Strong security fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with Amazon EC2
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top