Software Development Engineer - Distributed Systems, High-scale Data Processing, Full Stack Development
We are looking to hire a Software Development Engineer to work on the systems responsible for driving billions of notifications a year to Amazon customers. In the few seconds that it took for you to to load this page and read this sentence, Amazon sent 100,000 customer notifications. By the time you'll finish reading the rest of this description that number will be well over a million.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Outbound Messaging Platform, you'll be expected to have a strong software development skill set and a passion for building robust software. In building applications you will need to account for the scale of Amazon while maintaining a high quality user experience.
We are a highly distributed system built across AWS services. We deal at scale that requires all parts of our infrastructure to be horizontally scalable to handle delivering 10,000 notifications a second at all times. We offer the opportunity to work across the front-end and back-end systems if you feel comfortable doing so, using Java on the back-end and Angular JS on the front-end. We expect developers on the team to keep innovating by bringing in new technologies to improve our software and keep our stack current. In additional you will be encouraged to be passionate about not just your direct work but the software community as a whole.
Being a part of our team comes with the undying love and devotion of the multiple dogs that roam our team area, access to a closet full of your favorite snacks, and a drink fridge. You will also have the opportunity on a monthly basis to come to Board Game Night, where you can release all work related stress by demolishing your coworkers while playing a large variety of strategy based board games.
Our team is an agile, fast-moving team looking to expand the world's best customer notification platform. To do so, we are looking for truly exceptional web development engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or C#
- Must like awesome dogs
- Masters degree in computer science or equivalent
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top