Software Development Engineer
Come help us build the next generation of the Digital Commerce platform at Amazon! The Digital Ordering Experience team is seeking a rock star developer to help architect, design, and build improvements to mission critical systems that power every eBook, App, MP3, and Digital Video transaction at Amazon. As a member of the team, you will get the opportunity to own major deliverables of this initiative and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. You'll have an opportunity to work with other teams throughout Amazon to flesh out cross-team requirements and designs. You'll also put your experience, expertise, and creativity to work in determining/recommending the best designs based on business objective, timeline, and resource constraints.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in Algorithms, Data Structures, Java/C# and SQL. Experience working with high traffic web applications, scalable services and databases is a plus. Equally important are the candidate's abilities to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) is a key competency, as is being a self-starter. A BS/MS in computer science or a relevant area is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 2-5 years professional experience in software development
- 2-5 years of experience with object-oriented design and data structures
- 2-5 years of industry experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or C#
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in highly scalable web services
- Well-versed in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top