Device Ad Products is a business initiative focused on monetizing Amazon owned and operated devices. To do this, we are continuously expanding and improving a premium advertising platform that is unlike any that exists today. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Device Ad Platform. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who enjoys working on large scale, high performance, data processing and real-time optimization problems. You will be a part of an exceptional engineering team that owns the systems processing hundreds of millions ad events on a daily basis. You will have ample opportunity to learn and utilize various programming languages, design patterns, AWS services, and open source frameworks to solve interesting engineering problems. Your work will directly contribute to generating ad performance metrics that meet our latency requirements and high data quality bar ensuring that our business provides timely and accurate reporting to Device Ads advertisers.
You will need to think creatively and strategically about our business, and work together with other engineers, technical program managers, and product managers to identify and execute on the most promising opportunities. You will be responsible for defining high-level architecture, for writing world-class software, and for helping us to continually adjust and improve our software development practices and processes. Your success will be measured by your ability to build feature sets that deliver a strong user experience for Kindle customers, attract and retain advertisers, generate positive feedback from those advertisers, and that unlock revenue opportunities.
Join us today, and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.