Software Development Engineer
How can Amazon improve education for millions of students around the world? Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that will help students and learners to study more effectively? The Higher Education team at Amazon Kindle focuses on innovating e-Education to make it a crucial way of learning. Recall the mountain of heavy textbooks, notes, and other course materials you had to drag around in your backpack? E-learning will put all of that information literally at your fingertips. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!
If you are a talented software engineer who is passionate about transform ing education, then we want to talk to you! As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in building brand new software products and features from the ground up. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape. You could build cool system, services, apps and website features to help students, professors, life long learners and make Amazon an important figure in this field! Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas, and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit customers worldwide.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++ or Java
- Proficiency in English at business level
- Software Development Best Practice Advocate: you are familiar with and willing to influence the team to follow the best professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous deployment, testing, and operations. Experience in Agile development and working closely with designers and product managers..
- Results Driven: you have a track record of rapid and iterative product development for large-scale distributed system
- Customer Obsession: you have a genuine passion for the team's mission and purpose.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top