Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Ready for a role with the potential to influence decisions across the entire Amazon ecosystem?
Clickstream Inferences builds and supports data pipelines for datasets describing Amazon customer behavior on its website, applications, and physical locations. We collect, transform and assemble logs from webservers, services, browsers, and devices to create a coherent view of customers' experience using Amazon across web, mobile, connected screens and beyond. Several hundred teams at Amazon make use of the data we provide to make critical business decisions in inventory planning, on site content optimization, off site advertising and countless other areas.
The size and complexity of our data has increased over time as more and more customers shop online across different types of devices and Amazon creates more experiences for our customers.
As a Software Development Engineer in Clickstream Inferences you'll help define and deliver Clickstream 2.0, our next generation datasets and metrics suite. You will work as part of a cross functional team of product managers, software developers & business intelligence engineers to produce high quality data that truthfully represents the online behavior of Amazon's customers. If you are interested in defining and delivering a state-of-the-art data processing system for one of the world's largest and most complex data-sets, come join us!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience working with large (billions of records) datasets in distributed computing environments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top