Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
At the heart of Amazon's e-commerce business is the Item & Offer Platform engineering team. The platform is used by millions of merchants to expose customers to new products or new offerings on existing products. Using massively parallel processing and proprietary techniques, millions of updates to details, prices, inventory levels, and relationships are processed in real time to keep Amazon's catalog fresh. Imagine that on any given day your solutions bring billions of experiences to customers around the globe; that is the reality on the Item & Offer Platform team.
The Item and Offer Platform team is an agile, fast-moving team driving the future of this central piece of Amazon's shopping experience. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to shape that future.
In this role, you will participate in all parts of the software development process, from collaborating with customers on design to executing that design in a scalable and extensible way. You will have the opportunity to solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day.
Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses. You are be passionate about taking initiative, delivering extensible, on-time solutions, and being a part of high-performing teams.
• Strong computer science background. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math is required along with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
• Solid design and coding skills in Java or C++.
• Strong desire to build high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available, low latency systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Working knowledge of Large Scale Data processing platforms
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top