We're focused on building the next generation of the Alexa App for devices and are looking for talented developers. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working software engineers who have experience building innovative, applications that customers love.
• application software development, design and prototyping
• Architecture of front- and back-end scaling solutions
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing and apps
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on devices
• Implement custom user interfaces using the latest programming techniques
• Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of experience building successful production software
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Experience with multi-threading and device memory management
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Mastery of the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages (Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, , TypeScript, , C/, Python) and open-source technologies (React Native)
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Strong technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web app development
• 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience with focus on building complex applications for platforms either on or