Software Development Engineer
- Portland, OR
AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join us on our AWS Elemental MediaPackage team, where you will help us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
In this role, you will be responsible for building new cloud architectures around AWS Elemental's just-in-time video packaging and origination service, AWS Elemental MediaPackage. You will be a technical leader on the team, solving complex scaling problems that come with delivering video to millions of viewers over HTTP. Your job is to abstract this complexity and operational burden away from our customers, so they can trust that video is delivered reliably to all of their users' devices (phones, tablets, computers, TVs).
This role requires outstanding programming skills, and a passion for learning. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. We are looking for leaders!
What you'll do:
• Design and implement new features from specification to final test
• Define and achieve performance metrics, and instill the operational practices needed to sustain them
• Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
• Influence the future direction of our product
• Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
• Make a significant contribution to launching new capabilities in AWS Elemental MediaPackage
• Become an expert on AWS tooling and operational practices
We're dedicated to helping new team members grow through close mentoring, and we provide continuous opportunities to learn, expand our skills, and share knowledge with each other. We work with you to find projects that will help you succeed individually in your career while making the team successful.
If you're curious, empathetic, and driven, we want you as a team member. Work with us to help our customers get captivating video content to their viewers!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
• Industry exposure/experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructure technologies
• 5+ years software development experience
• Experience building large-scale, distributed systems
• Experience with video content origination and delivery workflows
• Experience with dynamic ad insertion for OTT video
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top