Kindle is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customers around the world but it's still "day one" in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day, across all their devices. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to be part of a team of Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Marketers responsible for designing and implementing machine learning-based solutions to engage customers through their lifecycle with Kindle.
You will work closely with business and product teams to spearhead innovative new solutions in the areas of marketing, merchandising, and social engagement. You will be a primary participant in building/adopting the right technology, services, and applications to scale. You will help form a culture that constantly iterates, simplifies, and removes inefficiencies. You are highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products that customers love.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience developing scalable web services and/or application
• Academic and/or strong industry experience with standard AI, ML techniques, and data processing.
• Experience launching/supporting complex projects with multiple external dependencies.
• Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with Spark and AWS technologies.
• Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Ability to develop solutions to solve business problems through analyzing, understanding large amounts of data.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, "start-up" open team environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation