Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Legal Technologies is an innovative and high-energy team that supports Amazon's legal operations worldwide. We focus on easy to use, highly secure, ingenious solutions that allow our business to efficiently scale for the future. We are looking for a who is excited by unique challenges and is passionate about using the latest technologies to solve customers' needs. This is an excellent opportunity for a who is looking for a growth position with a high level of in a small, growing team.
Think big! Own, and create innovative new solutions that allow the Legal department to scale and improve customer service without increasing headcount. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work directly with your customers, owning major deliverables across all aspects of : scoping, , , and testing. Successful candidates can multi-task, quickly adapt to new environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and solutions to difficult problems. Candidates applying to this position should be enthusiastic about sharing their previous experiences and lessons with our team to help us collectively succeed.
This position will be working with a mix of systems and technologies with a heavy emphasis on new-build using and the latest in platform technologies via Amazon Services.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 5+ years of experience
• Experience in building services
• Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs
• Database modeling skills
• Familiarity with Amazon Services equivalent strongly preferred
• Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
By submitting your here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top