Software Development Engineer
Join a fast growing and innovative team working on incredible challenges at the intersection of e-commerce, digital currencies, and mobile applications – all at the scale of Amazon.
Amazon Coins is a virtual currency for purchasing apps, games, and in-app items on the Amazon Appstore. Since May 2013 we have been delighting customers and mobile app developers alike with our quickly expanding product line.
We use mobile software, HTML5, web-services, distributed systems, data warehouses, and open source technology to build out Amazon's digital currency platform and deliver it at massive scale, with incredible reliability all in an autonomous, passionate and agile environment.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to innovate and take on challenges at Amazon scale. This might be you if:
- You like working across multiple technologies and systems to build and deliver impactful products for millions of customers and developers.
- You want to be in an environment with focused, dedicated, and talented engineers and designers who are transforming the mobile industry and influencing thought on digital stored value.
- Work on a high visibility product that helps power the growth and differentiation of the Amazon Digital Products.
Come see the other side of the coin and join us in working hard, having fun, and making history.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience
- Demonstrated experience operating as a technical lead of large and/or complex system
- Proficient programming and design experience using modern object-oriented languages
- Working with customers and business to transform requirements into functioning software
- Experience with native mobile development (e.g. Android or iOS)
- Experience with major platform APIs (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience or interest in big data powered business intelligence and analytics, and partnering with Data Scientists to drive insights
- Experience or interest in designing, building and maintaining real-time and large scale applications
- Experience with web development (e.g. HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, AJAX)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges to multiple teams and lead teams to deliver technical solutions
- Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience mentoring and fostering skills growth of more junior developers
- Graduate degree
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top