Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited by the prospect of being the senior engineer on the team that creates all the purchase orders for the Amazon retail business that is literally worth hundreds of billions of dollars a year? Will the idea of shaping and building a new pre-ordering system appeal to your ambition and creativity?
We are looking for a seasoned senior software engineer to oversee, drive, and execute on the architectural roadmap of two critical ordering systems. The first is a JIT purchase orders system that has been the pillar of Amazon supply chain, another is a new commitments based pre-ordering system that is overflowed with business-driven roadmap items for the next 2 years. Both of these systems will provide opportunities for you to flex your engineering expertise to drive towards a cohesive, scalable, and robust architecture.
You will partner with PM's, engineering managers, and engineers across teams to understand detailed business requirements, define technical architecture, and participate in the execution and delivery of various initiatives and projects. It is a unique opportunity to work on both a long-standing mission critical system as well as a newly built greenfield system in one of the most critical areas of Amazon's supply chain.
You should be comfortable in talking high-level architecture but also able to dive deep into design details all the way down to hands-on coding level. You should also have a good sense on business and product requirements to communicate with PM's effectively. You can quickly identify solutions to challenges, and be ready to work with various technologies. Prior experience with AWS and service-oriented distributed systems is highly desirable. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technologies.
• Lead the future architectural vision of the two PO and Commitment systems
• Evangelize concepts and designs to a diverse audience, in both ad-hoc and formal presentations
• Liaise and work cross-team on critical integration projects
• Dive deep on consumer insights and issues to drive innovations
• Stay on cutting edge of technologies, identify opportunities to and experimenting with applying new technologies to solve suppliers interaction problems
• Mentor and developer both junior and seasoned engineers in the team
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience
• Strong coding and system design skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly self-motivated and motivating
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Strong interest and/or experience in supply chain engineering and purchase orders problem space
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 7+ years of relevant industry experience
• Experienced with AWS technologies such as DynamoDB and SNS.
• Experience in successfully mentoring and leading junior developers
Back to top