Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer, you will use your passion in coding to stress prototypes and suggest design improvements to deliver superior products.
You should have a combination of solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. In this role, you will:
• Write sophisticated SW tools and Internal Applications for Echo devices in Python.
• Understand/write C/C++ code in order to effectively work with algorithm engineers
• Unit testing, Integration testing/performance testing of code/software produced
• Documenting the design and Architecture flows and roadmaps.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience
• 7+ years of software code development experience -preferably in Python
• 5+ years of experience in C/C++ development
• 5+ years of experience working in Linux environment
• Experience working on embedded or Android platforms
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Experience working in a test-driven development environment, and dealing with code refactoring and code bottleneck issues.
• Experience in design and development of the Internal tools, Services and Application distributed systems and architecture. Create the next generation developer infrastructure, focusing on integration and scalability.
• Experience in Python, Bash/Shell, C/C++
• Experience in building Unit testing/Integration components, Ability to programmatically test the product, develop/improve existing tools and frameworks, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices
• Experience with open-source tools
• AWS/Cloud Services experience is a plus.
• Experience working with consumer products involving multimedia content
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skill
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top