AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We, the AWS Chatbot team, are a small group of engineers and designers who are determined to change the way customers interact with AWS. Our mission is to build an intelligent (AI based) system that enables customers to have a conversation with AWS and get assistance instantly. We are a team of builders working on a recently launched AWS service that is built on serverless technologies and uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML). We are looking for passionate, intelligent leaders who have a strong sense of ownership and a thoughtful engineering mind. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, we must talk.
If you are looking for an opportunity to build out brand new products using complex, scalable, highly available systems, and create the business impact by improving customer experience. This is a chance to join a high-visibility startup within AWS but with solid backing from the company. We are looking for technical leaders who are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations, rapidly produce prototypes, and outline the path from prototype to product. We need enthusiasts who appreciate craftsmanship in delivering user-friendly UX that earns customer trust and enables them to grow fast with AWS. You are a torch-bearer of design principles, quality, and highest standards in the team.
We started with a scrappy team of builders and plan to change the way customers interact with AWS. It is a great time to join and grow with the team... and work hard, have fun, make history!
You must be able to:
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a micro-services architecture.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
• Mentor other developers.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
#aws.team-console #newservice #conversationalagent #awschatbot
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of experience in effectively operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable.
• Practical knowledge of distributed system design, micro-service architecture, using cloud services, serverless technologies, natural language processing, machine learning, and basic data analytics.
• Practical knowledge of professional software engineering practices including the full software development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong track record delivering high quality software on time.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Software Development.
• Deep understanding of OOP concepts, algorithms and data structures.
• Experience with building applications involving Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) and big data processing systems preferred.
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us