Software Development Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Time & Attendance (a.k.a TAA) is the central hub for all Amazon.com associates pay data. Our technology provides the foundation and orchestration for a multitude of key human resource processes, from on-boarding of tens of thousands of temporary employees during peak holiday season to integrating critical employee data to internal and external systems. We implement and build highly secure, global software that allows Amazon.com to effectively manage the workforce, resulting in a better employee experience and a better bottom line.
TAA is looking for the talented Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join our Hyderabad team. Amazon continuously pushes the limit to deliver packages and goods to customers as fast as possible. Gaining efficiencies in tracking productivity, time, and attendance is paramount to achieving this goal. You will get a chance to invent new technologies and build custom solutions to help Amazon track time, attendance, and productivity of employees and impact the employee experience.
How hard can it be to pay people for the right number of hours worked? Would you be excited to dive into surprisingly complicated space that is tangible to all Amazonians, with the real-time analytics, surge-traffic handling, fault detection, and data processing by developing new solutions on NAWS/Serverless platforms? Then you are the person, People Technology is looking for.
You have top notch computer science skills, are obsessed with customer delight, and have a demonstrated track record of passion for leveraging cutting-edge technologies to build incredible products. You understand back-end services and know how to conceptualize, design, implement, and fix them. You go through life thinking about how to use technology to solve problems. You live and breathe data analysis, and can succinctly and accurately report your findings. You understand the untapped power of utilizing Internet technologies to support Amazon's goal to be the most customer-centric company in the world. Most importantly, you have a passion for learning and are driven to be the best at what you do.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Ability to code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems,
• Understand basic Algorithm fundamentals
• Development of code in object oriented languages like C++ and java and build large scale robust distributed systems
• Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Back to top