Software Development Engineer, Amazon Lists
Ever wondered what's involved in owing a key feature on Amazon's websites across the globe that is actively used by hundreds of millions of customers? Does the opportunity of building and supporting the scale of business at Amazon fascinate you? If you answered yes, the Amazon Lists team is looking for engineers like you!
Customers think about shopping anywhere and anytime while making breakfast, while driving home, at work, in the bus. They create lists for their personal use, to share with friends and family and to inspire other customers discover the millions of products Amazon has to offer. We strive to find new and contextually-relevant places to offer List functionality to continuously improve the shopping experience for our customers.
This Full Stack Software development position with Amazon Lists is a fit for someone who enjoys and thrives owning low latency, highly available UI stacks/services requiring strong problem-solving skills, has a solid computer science foundation, knowledge of frontend design patterns, APIs and takes pride in operations excellence.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. This role requires the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, be data-driven and juggle cross-organization complexity. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
• Experience with Agile methodologies, OO modeling, web services, NoSQL and relational databases and distributed systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years professional experience building large scale distributed systems and implementing Service Oriented Architectures
• Experience developing software using Java Spring in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience with AWS and/or other cloud technologies
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot large and complex frontend/backend systems
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience in communicating with users, partner teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.