Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Would you like to help one of AWS's largest customers - Amazon - to architect and build its next generation of services securely in the cloud? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Consumer Cloud Security is the place for you.
The Consumer Cloud Security (C2S) group is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We're connected to all parts of Amazon's business and it's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect and operate their enterprise scale systems securely on AWS. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is excited about leading the technical vision and architecture for mission critical systems that connect Amazon developers and services with AWS's cloud platform. Our problem space presents the opportunity to innovate in areas such as enterprise scale resource management in the cloud, real time cloud intelligence, and building systems that make it easy for service owners to establish functional and secure network connectivity, regardless of where their service or dependencies are hosted.
You will partner with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence and impact Amazon's software stack on AWS. You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Strong architectural and system design skills in Java, C#, or other high-scale programming language.
• Master's Degree in computer science or related field
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
• Experience with Java and web based technologies
• Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
Back to top