Software Development Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception in 2006. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners, to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, et al. The AWS Partner Systems team is responsible for external and internal supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Are you interested in building secured, highly available, performant, and scalable systems, web services, products and integrations between cloud and on-prem applications that support AWS' current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Partner Systems is looking for a results-oriented, self-driven Software Development Engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable systems that support AWS' current and future business needs. In this role, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, relish working with high volume of data, the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. You will design and develop services that processes millions of transactions in secured environment.
If you have cloud experience, love building software, are self-directed, know how to get things done, are passionate learner, can mentor and lead teams, and are motivated to take on big challenges, this is the right job for you. In this position you will leverage your practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
• 3+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems, and distributed computing technologies
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with users, and technical teams
• Experience of working with Salesforce (Sales, Service, Partner communities, Force.com etc.) and AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Fargate, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, and SES
• Experience with web technologies (HTML, HTTP, CSS, JSON) and web frameworks on the browser or server in any language
• AWS Certifications (AWS Certified Developer Associate or Solution Architect Associate)
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top