Amazon is solving some of the world's toughest problems, and we're customer and candidate obsessed when it comes to scaling the hiring process for one of the planet's largest workforces. We're asking questions like: How do we hire the right number of associates at the right time? How do we handle hundreds of thousands, or even millions of applications, while ensuring the job search process is friction-free for applicants? How do we match the right job to right employee while providing flexibility to work across different job types and time of the day?
In response to those questions, our team of tenured Amazonians, and industry talent is using native AWS technologies to build a new, mobile-first hiring solution from scratch. Applicants will use this system to begin their journey with Amazon from initial job search, through the interview process, to Day 1 onboarding in our fulfillment centers and beyond. Along the way, we're experimenting with the latest technologies and ML to make the hiring process better for hundreds of thousands of future Amazonians. Our hourly workforce is Amazon's foundation we can't deliver for our customers without them. Join me, and help us build the workforce of the future.
The High Volumn Hiring organisation is building a new team to seek out creative solutions on AWS technologies. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and laws worldwide. If you have the drive, tenacity, entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As a Software Development Engineer, you will drive the development of new products and services that will serve millions of applicants aspiring to work at Amazon. You will own automation of business processes using proven as well as evolving AWS services and other technologies to create a friction free customer experience. Your services will have the highest standards and be available 24x7, scale under massive load, and perform consistently.
In this role you will -
• Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
• Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams to move fast.
• Help establish the long-term success strategy for your systems, development best practices, and operational excellence processes.
• Collaborate with peers to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the development teams.
• Develop junior and new team members by mentoring them on multiple fronts.
We want you if
• You strive to build highly available, scalable, and performant tier-one services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
• You have high standards and drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
• You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
• You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
• You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
• You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
• Experience developing automation in at least one of the OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
• A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Deep knowledge of object-oriented design, distributed system architecture, and various AWS technologies.
• Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Experience in designing large-scale multi-tier web applications.