Would you like to innovate on the most highly visible and persistent features on Amazon websites and apps, impacting every customer who visits and support multiple teams across the company? Would you like to build low latency, highly resilient distributed systems at scale? Would you like to be a part of transforming the online shopping experience for hundreds of millions of customers across the world? If so, Navigation Experience (NavX) has an opportunity for you. Serving tens of thousands of transactions per second and billions of views per day, we have a large and visible footprint.
You will be working in an agile development environment and shipping code daily via continuous deployment pipelines. As a full-stack SDE, you will be responsible for building out and optimizing all of our back end systems for scale and speed as well as delivering world class CX for the Amazon shopper on all devices.
We are the Nav Features team and we own the Navigation Chrome on the Amazon mobile shopping apps, including experiences like the Bottom Tabs and Search Bar. We are customer obsessed. Our mission is to invent and simplify how customers navigate throughout Amazon. We operate at the scale of billions of dollars and hundreds of millions of customers.
We are a highly diverse and intellectually curious team that loves to have fun and accomplish big things.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical design, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. The candidate has experience building and operating mission critical cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability. The candidate should have interest and desire to learn new skills and do things never done before. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. The candidate will mentor team members to promote engineering excellence and continually "look around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and improving the team architecture.
Open to locations in: San Francisco, Cupertino, Seattle, San Diego, Austin, and Los Angeles.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Graduate (MS or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of commercial software development experience
• Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
• Experience with NodeJS, ReactNative, ReactJS, Typescript, Java