Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on Amazon Go, Amazon Books and Amazon 4-Star, Amazon's first set of brick & mortar retail stores.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Amazon Books is our effort to bring 20+ years of experience selling books online to brick & mortar bookstores. Our goal is to combine the best of online book shopping (frictionless checkout, Prime benefits) with the offline experience of browsing, exploring, and discovering great books in a physical bookstore. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that Amazon customers love, and we have purposefully curated our book selection for each store to inspire all types of readers. We have launched Amazon Books in Seattle, San Diego, and Portland, with additional locations in development. For more information, see: amazon.com/amazonbooks.
We're looking for talented, hands-on full-stack SDEs who enjoy working on complex programs including high scale services to spearhead Amazon's investment in the new physical retail store business. You'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. You'll work closely with your peers to design, plan and execute on deliverables to build fault-tolerant, highly available set of tools and services to keep the stores running efficiently. You'll dig into classic computer science problems for creating optimal supply chain solutions and building innovative solutions for dealing with supply disruptions.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on engineers at all levels. You must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented engineers who enjoy learning and working collaboratively in a team. Our services operate at large scale and is critical for ensuring a great customer shopping experience in the physical stores, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace. We are tackling problems today that will have a major impact on our future success. If you want to join a fast-paced team that is innovating and making history, this is the place for you.
Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
Work with other team members to develop the architecture and design of new and current systems.
Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 1+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience taking projects from initial concept through final launch.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Practiced ability to apply API design principles
• Experience with either Android development, mobile device management, full stack development, inventory systems and/or supply chain technologies.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top