Software Development Engineer, Content Optimization (backend development)
Do you want to help build a highly personalized Amazon experience that millions of customers worldwide interact with every time they visit Amazon.com?
Amazon's Content Platform team develops and supports an end-to-end framework for aggregating, selecting, and optimizing what users see on all Amazon sites. These systems ensure that the right pieces of content are shown to customers on the right web pages, in the right places at the right times. Our team's products serve billions of requests per day with low latency and high availability. Our products are engineered with reuse and extensibility in mind, and many other teams have incorporated our APIs into their own products. The work that we do directly affects Amazon's bottom line.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience working with big data. This person will work closely with other software engineers to design and implement the systems that decide what to show on Amazon's sites. These systems will handle to Amazon scale traffic and data while maintaining a low latency profile.
This is one of the foremost roles in Amazon's Content Platform back-end systems with the opportunity to reach millions of customers on one of the highest traffic consumer websites in the world. If you are passionate about software engineering and personalized content experiences at scale then we encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree (or commensurate experience) in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in databases and data storage
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in, at least, one mainstream programming language such as C, C++, or Java.
- Experience applying optimization techniques and dealing with large datasets.
- Able to work with various AWS technologies like Redshift, Data Pipeline, Lambda and EMR.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top