Software Development Engineer - Content Automation - Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Video (AV) is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. AV delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We're building the future of TV—yes, it's challenging, but it's also a lot of fun.
The Content Automation team is part of the Amazon Video Content Experience Platform (CXP). The CXP Team's mission is to ensure Amazon Video is the first choice for anyone to find, discover, and engage with any Movie, TV Show, or other published content on Amazon Video. Within this space, the Content Automation team aims to increase experimentation for content discovery by automating all repetitive manual work to build and maintain content discovery experiences. Our vision is to fully automate creation, experimentation, and validation of the Amazon Video storefront that will ultimately make merchandising optional. It's a big goal and we'll need to invent solutions along the way.
Our platform consists of web-based content scheduling tool, a high performance, low-latency API that powers all of AV's devices, and an automated storefront verification platform that detects anomalies within our customer experiences. Our platforms are built using cutting edge technology including AngularJS, ReactJS, ES 6 and many AWS services including Lambdas, Elastic MapReduce. Our teams embrace agile methodologies with a focus on test automation and continuous deployment.
The team is seeking a talented and passionate Software Development Engineer to join our team. A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and movies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 4 years of real-world experience building best-in-class user experiences and successfully delivering them to customers
- Experience with a modern OO language such as Java, Python, C#, C++
- Knowledge of and experience using Amazon Web Services including DynamoDB, Lambdas, Elastic MapReduce, Elastic Search, SQS and S3.
- Experience working with machine learning and data science.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations, as well experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Previously mentored junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective software engineers
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top