Software Development Engineer - Community Trust
- Munich, Germany
Have you ever looked at the comments section of a website and wondered how many of the commenters are bots? Have you ever thought about buying a 5-star rated item but hesitated because the reviews didn't look quite right? Do you get angry when people game the system to get an unfair advantage? If you're interested in solving these sorts of problems, the Community Trust team could be a great fit.
We own upholding trust in Amazon's Community features. These include Reviews, Questions & Answers, and other experiences where shoppers contribute content. We're solving abuse detection at scale, building rules and ML models to ensure contributions meet guidelines, and ensuring that other teams in the company with similar needs benefit from our expertise.
Our team includes engineers, PMs, research scientists and business intelligence engineers. We're looking for a software development engineer to join us to help design and decide on new technologies, lead the implementation of projects, and mentor junior engineers.
Some of our in-progress projects include building a Trust Scoring framework to allow trust related ML models to be considered in abuse related decision making, building an architecture to allow us to quickly react to the evolving ways in which malicious customer behave, and building a data gathering and rule execution system to prevent potentially abusive behavior from reaching customers.
We're a diverse team passionate about operational excellence and high quality code. We value transparency, empowerment, experimentation, and appreciation. We are free from the heavy operational burden that is associated with other teams, and are able to iterate in a low stress environment. Our solutions influence the products and plans of multiple internal teams, and we design and build systems that improve the experience of millions of customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++
• Experience with writing production quality code in an object oriented programming language like Java or C#
• Experience designing high-performance, scalable architectures
• A passion for learning new skills and technologies
• Experience building and placing ML systems into production at scale
• Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top