Software Development Engineer - CloudWatch Monitoring
Come change the way the world sees the cloud!
CloudWatch is the service that gives customers actionable visibility into the health of their applications and systems. Key features include web services for submission and retrieval of measurements, a console for presentation, and the ability to notify and automate based on results. Teams in CloudWatch solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, and workflow.
We are currently looking for OCCASSIONALLY FASHIONABLE BUT ALWAYS INCREDIBLE software engineers to help us deliver several new services. Is that you? How can you tell? For one thing, with you, It's about The Code, which must be testable, maintainable, operable, and all those other "ables" that make working with it pleasure-able. You find problems in real-time data streaming, "Big Data", "NoSQL", and other such topics to be extremely fascinating, maybe even addictive. Your teammates love working with you, not only because of your extraordinary technical talent, but also because you've "got their backs." You are noteworthy for coupling a continuous improvement mindset with an uncanny ability to deliver things quickly – and you're pretty sure that these are two sides of the same coin. Finally, you insist upon giving customers what they want: high quality, highly usable, always-on services.
In this position you'll get to:
- Solve really tough problems that will make your nerdiest friends salivate, and befuddle everyone else
- Design and write software, software and more software...and test it....and run it
- See your innovations in use by actual customers around the world
- Collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems and big data
- Work in a team oriented, apolitical, solution focused environment
- 8+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling
- Experience with "big data" systems, such as Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with search systems (e.g., Lucene)
- Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top