CloudWatch is a monitoring and observability service build for Dev Ops engineers, developers, site reliability engineers, and IT managers to gain actionable visibility into the health of their applications and systems. At CloudWatch we solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, and workflow. We run one of the largest time-series data stores on the planet (monitoring more than 1 quadrillion metric observations, triggering 3.9 trillion events, and ingesting hundreds of petabytes of logs per month).
We are currently looking for an accomplished software development engineer to help us build world class monitoring solutions for containers and Lambda functions. You will have a unique opportunity to shape user experience as well as systems that collect telemetry data at internet scale. You will deliver mission critical capabilities to the CloudWatch users and embed operational knowledge and encode best practices. In addition, as part of the broader AWS organization, you will have the opportunity to influence the broader cloud strategy for Amazon.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, we work in the Seattle office, but we are also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Applicant for this role should possess solid analytical, and problem-solving skills and be able to translate technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack. If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 2+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
• Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix engineering, building complex , building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
• Experience leading life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of large scale software projects.
• Master's degree preferred
• Current understanding of modern web development technologies and techniques
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• 5+ years of relevant experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.