Software Development Engineer, Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS has the broadest and deepest set of machine learning and AI services for our customers' businesses. We are seeking experienced Senior Software Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration team you'll be responsible for the design and optimization of Software in our data centers including technologies such as AWS Inferentia which is a machine learning inference product designed to deliver high performance at low cost.
You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of related work experience or Master's / PhD with 1+ years of related work experience
• 2+ years of experience developing Linux device drivers
• 2+ years of experience in multi-threaded and concurrent programming with C and C++
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, complexity analysis, scalability and availability
• Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and continuous integration and testing
• Experience with API architectures to provide services from devices
• Domain experience in an area related to high-scale data center technologies such as compute, storage, networking, or accelerators
• Experience with one or more modern scripting languages like Python
• Familiarity with AWS services
• Experience with Git source control
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top