Do you enjoy watching the latest movies, television shows, or sporting events on your computer, tablet or smartphone? Do you hate waiting for your pages to load or your show to re-buffer? Do you want to contribute to systems that deliver a flawless experience in serving video from the edge? Good - us too.
AWS CloudFront is looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to join our team in beautiful Seattle, WA. We offer comprehensive relocation and benefit packages.
At AWS CloudFront, working on systems with global scale is a daily part of the job. We solve hard problems. We build reliable, scalable, low-cost systems that serve our ever-growing customer base. We are constantly shipping features that drive innovation in the CDN market. We deliver an elegant geo-distributed platform to serve not only video from the edge, but a wide variety of use cases.
• Are a fast-growing, agile and collaborative group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Are inventors and owners, building new technologies and improving existing ones
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and understand the importance of working/developing iteratively
• Enjoy being part of a strong team of technologists and collaborating with them to build BIG things
• Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done
• Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people
• Are naturally curious about how systems operate at scale and think of ways to constantly improve those systems
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Understanding of distributed, scalable systems
• Web services design and implementation experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.