Software Development Engineer - Cloud services
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
This is a hands-on position where you will do everything from designing and building extremely stable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy for complex machine learning pipelines. You'll be mentoring other engineers and working with the top machine learning and Computer Vision talent in the industry to help them get the best results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills and an understanding of data parallelization but also excel at leadership and customer obsession.
- Create and develop best practices in data processing, automation, and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and data design
- Delivering systems and data models with top-notch quality, on time
- Stay current on data technologies to keep pace with the rapidly changing field, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience building successful production software platforms and systems
- 3+ years of hands-on expericne in Java or C++ as well as other high-level languages such as Objective-C and Python
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Strong knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top